Voya Investment Management is a leading provider of DC investment capabilities:
- Top 25 manager of U.S. institutional tax-exempt assets1
- $43 billion in defined contribution assets under management across equity, fixed income and target date
- $13 billion are in Target Date assets2
- Approximately 23k plan sponsors and over 29k plans with our investment capabilities as part of their platforms3
- Trading agreements with all major DC plan administrators/record keepers
- A thorough understanding of issues facing DC plan sponsors through our own dedicated DC team and our relationship with Voya Retirement Solutions
- Voya is dedicated to setting the standard in promoting successful outcomes for defined contribution plan participants
Our Client Approach
- Voya approaches the design and management of its DC product line with a fiduciary's eye towards suitability, prudence and conservatism.
- We believe DC investment options should exhibit the following characteristics:
- Robust and time-tested investment process
- Stable and talented investment team with tenure of 3 years or more
- Attractive performance evidenced by a trifecta of strong risk-adjusted returns, asymmetric upside/downside capture and modest yet stable alpha
- Investment approach that aims for above-median peer group rankings over short times frames, which is expected to deliver top quartile ranking over long time frames
- Low tracking error and style purity to allow participants to design an asset allocation around core building blocks and avoid large negative surprises
- Transparency and explainability of results
1 Pensions & Investments Magazine, The Largest Money Managers based on assets as of 12/31/16.
2 As of 12/31/17. The $44 billion in DC assets excludes approximately $30 billion in assets under administration.
3 As of 11/15/17.