To address unique plan-specific characteristics and requirements, the Multi-Asset Strategies and Solutions team offers custom target date solutions that are tailored to meet a client’s specific needs, preferences and employee demographics. Based on participant and plan sponsor data, the team works through a multi-step, iterative process to design a target date program that complements each client's total retirement benefits package. Customized features can include glide path design, asset allocation, underlying asset classes and fund options, implementation and participant communications. The team draws on extensive expertise with target date strategies and customized asset allocation solutions to offer a genuine partnership in all aspects of custom target date design.
Voya’s Custom Target Date Solutions may allow plan sponsors to:
- Tailor a glide path that is better aligned with an organization’s investment objectives and participant demographics
- Assume more control over asset classes, underlying managers and use of active and/or passive investments
- Reduce overall plan expenses and leverage economies of scale from existing investment management relationships within existing benefit plans
- Deep and Experienced Team. The Multi-Asset Strategies and Solutions team has been managing target date assets since 2005 and custom target date solutions since 2008.
- Sophisticated Glide Path Approach. The team utilizes an iterative glide path design process that has the ability to model varying plan design features and participant characteristics and evaluate the impact of design decisions on participant outcomes.
- Robust Asset Allocation. The asset allocation process invests in a broad range of traditional and non-traditional asset classes to help manage risks through all phases of the market cycle.
- Manager Research and Selection Capabilities. The team has over 10 years of experience in manager due diligence to effectively support an open architecture framework.
- Portfolio Implementation Efficiency. The experienced implementation team has a dedicated proprietary portfolio management system to efficiently manage investment exposure and operational risk.
- Customized Employee Communications and Education. An award-winning communications team provides customized materials to increase participant engagement in an effort to enhance participant outcomes.
Performance data for this strategy is not available at this time.
Paul Zemsky, CFA
Chief Investment Officer, Multi-Asset Strategies and Solutions
Years of Experience: 37
Years with Voya: 16
Barbara Reinhard, CFA
Managing Director, Head of Asset Allocation
Years of Experience: 32
Years with Voya: 5
All investing involves risks of fluctuating prices and the uncertainties of rates of return and yield inherent in investing. Price volatility, liquidity and other risks accompany an investment in equity securities of foreign, smaller capitalized companies. International investing does pose special risks including currency fluctuation, economic and political risks not found in investments that are solely domestic. Risks of foreign investing are generally intensified for investments in emerging markets.
There is no guarantee that any investment option will achieve its stated objective. Principal value fluctuates and there is no guarantee of value at any time, including the target date. The "target date" is the approximate date when an investor plans to start withdrawing their money. When the target date is reached, the investor may have more or less than the original amount invested. For each target-date portfolio, until the day prior to its target date, the portfolio will seek to provide total returns consistent with an asset allocation targeted for an investor who is retiring in approximately each portfolio’s designated target year. On the target date, the portfolio will seek to provide a combination of total return and stability of principal.